Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday-Pond Manicure

Well well well, long time no see.  I didn't mean for this to happen so let me explain (briefly, I promise).  The weekend before the week of Christmas I got insanely sick, 103 degree fever, delirious for the entire weekend.  I ended up having a really nasty strain of the flu also with a really bad strain of the stomach flu---at the same time!  For nine days I didn't work, I couldn't keep down anything.  I've never been more sick in my entire life.  I didn't even think I was going up for the holidays.  I lost a ton of weight, could barely stand, and was just surviving on small sips of water basically.  So that's where I've been.  Eventually I had to go to the doctor to get medicine just to keep from throwing up because every smell or commercial with food was making me sick.  Even after all this time, my stomach is still healing, I had a little sickness relapse after Christmas.  Like I said, I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

So today I have a very sad first offering.  I had never done a pond manicure and it didn't turn out how I wanted.  I started with three coats of OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y? which is a jelly magenta pink.  I wanted to go in the direction of Valentine's day so I created some freehand black hearts in a pattern.  I think the black was too dark to create the pond effect but it was my first try :/




I'll slowly be coming back, even if it's just Tuesdays for now :)  Welcome to our newest Twinsie members as well!  Thanks for sticking with me everyone, you guys are the best :)

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Beckie at Polished by Beckie
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les

10 comments:

  1. I saw the instagram pic with the mask and thought 'oh no...' we have BTDT with the flu and mask thing already. I am glad you are on the way to feeling better, I was worried, because it hit you so soon after surgery.

    I like the way the manicure turned out. Very pretty and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! This manicure is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you're feeling better! Keep getting plenty of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better! My first real winter up here in NE has gotten me down a few times as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad youre feeling better!!!!! The flu is awful this year! I'm loving this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how horrid! I'm glad you're getting back on your feet, and I hope you feel less wobbly soon. It's nice to have you back. :) I love that red jelly polish. I've not got a jelly in my stash as yet, but I do love the clear glass-like finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely! I love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're feeling better girl, love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds awful! I'm sorry you've been feeling so sick. Your nails came out super cute though!

    ReplyDelete