Friday, January 23, 2015

Not Just Yet...OPI Holiday Swatches-Part 1

This post is probably a surprise right?  Me too :)  Maybe I just needed a break, to vent, not sure but I'm ready to get back into the blogging game.  I think my old schedule is too much pressure but I think I can manage a few posts a week.  The comments were so heartfelt and nice and meant so much to me.

So today I present some OPI holiday swatches I've been holding onto.  I have the entire collection but it didn't thrill me so I haven't worn it all.  I also want to not hold myself to some weird pressure standard so I'll just show you the swatches I have, if I get to the rest I get to them!

Red Fingers & Mistletoes-

First up, is a red with gold shimmer.  Normally I would hate this color of polish but for some reason I tried it out right away and LOVED it.  For some reason it was so warm and cozy and I loved the look of the shimmer.  The formula was good with two easy coats below.




Cinnamon Sweet-

Next up, another red.  I wasn't thrilled with the prospect of so many reds (even though this happens every year), but again, I really liked this one.  This red to me was a little bit cooler and deeper than a traditional red, which I tend to not go for.  The formula was really nice and covered evenly with two coats.




Unfrost My Heart-

Last of this swatch trio is a silver foil.  I was disappointed because we've seen this polish multiple times before from OPI, especially in the past year or two.  There wasn't anything different about this one, just a standard silver foil.  The formula was good in two easy coats.  




So overall, as surprising as it is, I really liked the two reds so far and I really could have skipped on another silver foil.  What are your thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. Really nice colors. I just love your swatches. I would love to see you posts whenever you find the time or want to too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back, even if it's just randomly. Miss your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, it's such a nice treat to see your beautiful nails again! I say, blog when you feel like blogging and don't if you're not feeling it. I'm an email subscriber so for me it'll be a special surprise whenever a post from you shows up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a nice surprise to see your post in my feed this morning! Beautiful swatches as usual. :) It is important to feel that you are enjoying what you do, and sometimes having a break and a rethink can make all the difference. I heard an interesting podcast over on The Blog Maven about simplifying blogging and one of the tips was to 'follow the fun'; doing what you enjoy is the best way to stay happy and not get blog burn-out. So ... lovely to have you back; I will look forward to your swatches when you're ready to share them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a good surprise! :) I'm at the point where I barely glance at the OPI Holiday offerings. That's bad, right?! I mean, I love OPI, but sooooo many reds. Those two look great on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of my favourite bloggers. If you only get out one post a month I'll be happy to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so glad you're back! You're absolutely right--sometimes we all just need a breather. Whenever you feel like posting, whether it's once a week, once a month, or just every once in a while, know that you and your efforts are appreciated and loved by all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Just come back and post whenever you're feeling like you need to share :D I always love seeing your swatches because your nails are absolutely perfect. Like serious dream nails right there!

    ReplyDelete