Monday, September 8, 2014

Essie Dress to Kilt Fall 2014 Collection-Swatches and Review (Full)

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday.  This weekend was fantastic and went by far too quickly.  I finally feel like I'm back on my blogging and Youtube game and it feels really good.  My migraines are greatly decreased, my depression is going away, and I finally feel good about doing things again.  I did so many blogging things this weekend and it felt so good to feel accomplished.  I have another new video that just went up this morning, you can find it here!  Other than that, the hubby and I hung out a lot this weekend, went shopping on Saturday, and walked around a cool park yesterday.  

Today I have Essie's Fall offering which features six polishes.  Some of the swatches have the bottle and some don't, the difference being that the ones without the bottles were the mini bottles and the ones with the bottles were the regular size bottles, let's jump right in.

Take it Outside- a light taupe-y grey cream.  Great formula on this one, two coats with topcoat below.



Dress to Kilt- A darker red cream.  The color wasn't anything special to me but the formula was good.  Two easy coats with topcoat below.



Fall in Line- A murky blue-green cream, kind of a cool-toned camo green.  I thought this was a really unique and interesting color, great formula as well, two coats with topcoat below.




Partner in Crime-A deep dark chocolate brown.  I'm in love with this one!  It's very dark and vampy, almost black-looking on the nail but it is so shiny and sleek.  The formula was great and it was super shiny.  I used two coats and it really didn't need topcoat but I did it anyway.



Style Cartel-A dark navy blue crelly.  Again another great formula, slightly sheer on the first coat but it evens out on the second coat.  Swatched with topcoat below.



The Perfect Cover Up- A medium green-toned marine teal green.  I saved my favorite for last.  I have been seeing this color all over this year for Fall, especially in clothes so it is definitely on trend.  I love the color and this baby is a one-coater!  One coat with topcoat below.




Overall, my final thoughts on this collection are that the colors are kind of bland but Essie really knocked it out of the ballpark formula-wise.  I mean, when did Essie start creating amazing formulas?  My favorites were The Perfect Cover Up, Take It Outside, and Partner in Crime.  What do you think of this collection?

10 comments:

  1. Take It Outside is my favorite, it's a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm generally not an Essie fan, but I do like fall in line, that one looks gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Style Cartel looks awesome. I feel like I see this same collection EVERY Fall from Essie, so that's a bit of a letdown, but it's good to know that the formulas are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are pretty but I don't know if they're groundbreaking. I do really like Fall in Line though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are nice! Really great colors for fall from Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not an Essie fan, I hate the brush but Fall In Line and Cover Up are colors that need to be in my collection.
    Thanks fro the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like 'Take it Outside'; it looks like a nice, useful neutral ... and it's lovely to hear you're in a more positive place now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Essie is never really original with its colors but the formulation usually is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a big fan of fall colors, but Style Cartel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors!! Just perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete