Thursday, July 31, 2014

Radiant Orchid Geometic Nails

Hi guys, happy Thursday.  I figured I would just give a quick update since I had two different doctor's appointments yesterday for my migraines.  The first doctor, my regular doctor, put me on a low dose blood pressure medicine.  Something about releasing the blood vessels and maybe reducing the migraines.  The ENT couldn't provide me with any answers so he referred me to a neurologist.  Thankfully I won't have to wait another three weeks and they are getting me in on Monday morning.  I'm a little nervous about the neurologist because I've never seen one and have zero idea with what to expect.  So that's where we are right now.  I appreciate everyone's nice comments and putting up with blog delays and me talking about this process, you guys truly are the best.

Today I have a fun post that I did a few weeks ago.  I've mentioned before that I am loving the radiant orchid trend this year so I decided to do some nail art.  I recently ordered Zoya Perrie from the Zoya website during a promotion and I put that baby on as soon as I got it.  I also have been loving geometric designs so that's where they both got put together.


For this look, I started with a base of Zoya Perrie and then pulled out a bunch of different radiant orchid polish variations.  I cut some semi-thick pieces of blue painter's tape and then taped them in sideways triangles on my nails.  I wanted each nail to be the opposite of the one next to it.  I filled in each empty space with a different polish and a small nail art brush, removed the tape while the polish was still dry, and then added topcoat.  Here's the different colors I used-

Zoya Rory-shimmery pinky purple muted orchid
Essie Madison Ave-hue-shimmery pink
Sinful Shine Spitfire-pastel orchid
Rimmel London Sweet Lavender-pastel lavender
Barielle Sexy Mood-the darkest purple orchid shade
Daphine Polish Rosina Violet-orchid glitter



There you have it...my love for the radiant orchid trend continues!  I hope you guys enjoyed this post and that you have a fantastic day :)

8 comments:

  1. These look great! Love the different shades of radiant orchid too. Hopefully that appointment goes well on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this kind of reminds me of the suits figure skaters wear, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you combined different hues, it looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mani! I was put on the blood pressure med for headaches also and all it did was make me super light headed, which made the headaches worse lol. Ended up on topomax which works like a charm pretty much within a day or 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment and sharing. I've only been on the blood pressure meds for a few days but I'm already more dizzy and am falling over more. The neurologist just prescribed topomax so fingers crossed it helps me like it did for you!

      Delete
  5. Love the mani! I was put on the blood pressure med for headaches also and all it did was make me super light headed, which made the headaches worse lol. Ended up on topomax which works like a charm pretty much within a day or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo beautiful! I love how you created a contrast even with the same hues of radiant orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning mani! And I hope that you're finding your way to recovery soon!

    ReplyDelete