Thursday, June 26, 2014

R.I.P. Sally Hansen Pacific Blue

Hi guys, welcome to Thursday.  It's a pretty typical day around here, work, warm weather, and storms.  I'm trying to decide whether to go up to Chicago this weekend but I'm pretty undecided at this point :)  Wow, that's probably the most interesting intro I've ever wrote (insert sarcasm here).  

Today I have a very well known polish that is at the height of its controversy at the moment.  If you are unfamiliar, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue is a cult classic polish with a fantastic color and formula.  Recently and without warning, Sally Hansen changed this polish, keeping the name, to a shimmery blue with a bad formula so I've heard.  I'm keeping my mouth shut on the whole situation, but I wanted to show you the color that everyone is talking about.


So as a polish, Pacific Blue rocks.  I thought the formula was smooth and buttery and I needed two easy coats for my swatches.  I originally bought this color as a substitute for Essie Butler Please, which has a terrible formula and chips within hours on me.  I wore this polish for a day and didn't even have tip wear.  The color above is the true color, I had a normal swatch with the bottle but it ended up looking crazy neon and bright and I didn't feel comfortable showing that :)


When I wore this polish, I wore accent nails on my ring finger and thumb using dots in multiple colors.  I ended up choosing China Glaze Highlight of my Summer, Barielle Topless in St Tropez, and Barielle Paradise in the Tropics. 


Ultimately, if you want this polish, I would head out ASAP and try to find it at the drugstore.  I looked for it and found the new polish but several of these older bottles hidden behind them.  What do you think about this polish situation?

3 comments:

  1. Its disappointing to see such a pretty polish going away! I really liked this blue too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, such a classic color! :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I picked this one up not too long before this fiasco.

    ReplyDelete