Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Recent "Nail of the Days" (5 manis)

Hi everyone, happy Saturday.  Sorry for the lack of post yesterday, it was one heck of a day!  On Thursday night I stayed up until midnight to do work stuff because my project was due yesterday.  Then yesterday I tried to finish my project but just couldn't, so I had to ask for an extension until Monday, which gets me in trouble.  It's just a mess.  I'm trying to do a project that should take two and a half months, except I only have three weeks.  They just keep doing this to me.  

Anyways, that's where I've been.  I've been behind on swatching but this weekend I am going to simultaneously work and swatch.  Today I have some recent nail of the day looks that I've worn to work and on the weekends.  Usually what ends up on the blog is completely different from the looks I wear on an every day basis.  I do change my polish every night so there are many manis that don't end up here :)

First up is a look that I wore because I wanted something wintery and soft.  I paired OPI Dining Al Frisco with Shimmer Polish Jennifer.




Next up is a mani that I wore for our first all-section work meeting.  It was not professional in any way ;)  Our section head was wearing yoga pants so I think I'm fine wearing this haha!  This combination is Nicole by OPI Hit The Lights and Nicole by OPI Pixie Glitter.




Third is a mani that I wore on a weekday but I'm not quite sure if I liked it or not.  The base is OPI Pamplona Purple and the glitter is Sonoma Nail Art Halloween In the Vines.  I finished off with some dots in Essie Licorice.



Fourth is another wintery mani.  I started with a base of Ciate Ferris Wheel and did the glitter gradient with Ciate Party Shoes.  I really liked this one!



Last up is my Valentine's mani that I wore yesterday :)  I was working the night before so I needed something nice and easy that didn't need to be cleaned up or fussed with.  I used a base of Julep Alice and finished with two accents nails (one is my thumb) in Nicole by OPI Inner Sparkle.



There you have it.  Obviously there are no strict rules where I work.  We wear whatever we want including shorts, flip flops, jeans, and sweatshirts, so I just wear whatever I want on my nails as well.  Is this post something you would like to see in the future?  I usually don't take pictures of my everyday nails but if people like it I will continue!  Let me know in comments :)  Have a great Saturday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Love your NOTDs. I'm so jealous that you can wear whatever you want. Technically I can too, but I would definitely stand out wearing bright nail colors and with all types of nail art. I'd love to see more posts like these.
    Hope things get easier at work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your NOTD are all so gorgeous! Can I just say I love how your nails look? There so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl.... I think I should just remind you that you are one of my favorite swatchers! <3 I am so envious of your nail beds. x)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this post. I like seeing what you wear on your nails "in real life". It would be great to make this a weekly thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great designs! I love the simplicity of these! I think it would be great to see more of what you normally wear on your nails! You are so lucky - every colour suits you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous!! I love how you incorporated glitter with all of them! :D

    ReplyDelete