Monday, August 26, 2013

OPI Peace & Love & OPI: Swatches and Review

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday.  I am finally starting to feel better after last week so hopefully it's going to be a good week!  Today I have the polish that I anticipated the most from the fall OPI San Fransisco collection.  Peace & Love & OPI is a duochrome polish that changes to different colors in different lights.  I've seen this polish as grey, blue, green, and purple although I couldn't for the life of me get that to photograph in my pictures.  

I have to admit for this being my most anticipated polish, I was a little bit let down.  While it is a pretty and unique polish, it's not my favorite out of the San Fransisco collection.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, maybe for the duochrome to be stronger.  Don't get me wrong, this is a stunning polish, just not exactly what I thought it would be.






For some simple nail art, I jazzed up the tips with a diagonal of Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs.  I thought the colors complemented each other well and the purple tips went nicely with the purple duochrome in Peace & Love & OPI.  In the first photo you can see a bit of the purple duochrome near the cuticle line and in the second photo, you can see the blue duochrome.



Did you pick this polish up?  What did you think of it?

5 comments:

  1. Even though it's not your favorite I still think it's absolutely gorgeous! And your nail art compliments it so well :) I can't get over how pretty your nails are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the light picks up so many different colors in it. It's really quite striking.

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the one that got away today, kinda looks like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I like how you paired it with the purple, a very striking combo.
    I haven't gotten any of that collection yet. OPI is a rare treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love this one! The color shift in there is so pretty! And it looks great with Dusseldorfs. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete