Thursday, August 22, 2013

OPI Dining Al Frisco: Swatches and Review

Hi everyone, welcome to Thursday.  I finally figured it out....I have the stomach flu.  Geez, it took me long enough.  I'm back at work today and playing it by ear.  I did manage to swatch this lovely blue and do some minimal nail art showing this color off.  You know you aren't feeling good when you aren't sure if you can even paint your nails!  Although I haven't been responding to comments, I do read them and I want to thank everyone for their kind words :)

Today I have this pretty blue from the new OPI San Francisco collection.  I've heard mixed reviews on this blue in particular because of its frosty nature.  I was worried about the frostiness, but I have to say that it really didn't bother me.  This polish is a medium airy blue with a little bit of frostiness to it.  The formula on this one was really good.  It was pretty much opaque in one coat but I used two coats with topcoat for all my photos.  Sorry for the nubbin nails.  When I got back from vacation, pretty much every square tip I had was broken in some way so I just had to take the hit and cut them down.



You can sort of see bruststrokes in this one, but I think they are much less visible in real life.  I wouldn't consider it a very "brush-strokey" kind of polish, just slightly.  The formula was very good with no streaking, pooling, or problems.


As soon as I did this look, I realized that I had done a similar look with Hard Candy polishes a few months ago.  But in all honesty, I was too sick to redo it so here you have a pink and blue triangle tip again :)  I taped off the triangles with painters tape and used OPI Strawberry Margarita (my new favorite pink) and OPI Which is Witch? to create the triangle. 



Tomorrow will be a new day and a new San Francisco color!

6 comments:

  1. Ah I love this color from the collection too! It's a beautiful blue, and not too frosty at all. I like the pink glitter triangles you added... they're such a cute addition to the mani. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yun, I love the combination of pink and blue :) I really loved this polish!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Love that added touch... how the heck did you do that?

    Jules of Canines & Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. It's as simple as some little strips of blue painters tape :)

      Delete
  3. The brushstrokes are not very visible in the pics, and I think they are even less visible in real life, which is great because the color is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete